Senior Research Scientist – Molecular Biologist
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Molecular Assay and Design team at Syngenta is seeking an experienced Senior Research Scientist to drive the development of molecular analytical tools. As a key role, this position will drive molecular analytics to support genetically modified (GM) and genome editing (GE) seed research pipelines, as well as to develop molecular analytical techniques to characterize Syngenta's high-quality trait products.
- Develop fit-for-purpose molecular assays to support GM and GE trait development pipelines
- Provide technical support for the molecular assay design to the HTP delivery team and the cross-functional project teams across trait development pipeline
- Develop molecular analysis tools via external and internal collaboration to characterize GM and GE traits
- Enhance Syngenta's analytical capabilities in support of the company's near- and long- term seed research goals through molecular biology and genetics approaches
- Identify and test next-generation molecular analytical technologies. Develop and implement tested technologies in the seeds research pipeline.
- A Ph.D. in genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology or a closely related field is required
- Experience in advanced molecular biology, genetics, genomics and/or protein chemistry techniques and assays
- Experience in molecular (DNA, RNA and protein) characterization
- Track record of advancing the research through innovative analytical technology
- Experience in detailed characterization of CRISPR-based gene editing (in vivo or in vitro)
- Hands on experience in protein biochemistry
- An in-depth understanding of plant genetics
- Track record of advancing the research pipeline through innovative analytical technology
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as experience in high-throughput laboratories
- Communicate effectively with individuals across the organization and across business units and work well in a team
- Ability to lead analytical technical development independently, deliver exceptional results with data-driven interpretation and work in a fast-changing environment
- A fast learner with self-motivation
- Working experience in plant genetic screening
- Experience in the Biotech industry
- Working knowledge of all sequencing platforms (e.g., Illumina, ONT, PacBio, etc.).
- Experience in high-throughput laboratories with lab automation
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Open Vacation Policy with a minimum of 15 days of vacation and up to 30 days with manager approval, 9 Paid Holidays
- Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Work Level: 4B
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture, rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 30,000 employees in more than 90 countries works together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, we are currently seeking a Senior Research Scientist – Molecular Assay Development, to be located in Durham, North Carolina.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz