Seeds Development Trialing and Operations Assistant Intern
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Seeds team is currently seeking Seeds Development Trialing and Operations Assistant Intern in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. As a Trialing and Operations Assistant Intern, you will work alongside our research team to conduct a small-plot research program within our seeds portfolio.
- Execution of small-plot research program
- Preparation of research materials, plot layout and application of compounds
- Record keeping and data collection to evaluate progress throughout the season
- Analysis and interpretation of data and results
- Gain valuable experience in agricultural practices, crop production, machinery operation, identification of weeds, insect and crop diseases, and trial methodology
Duration: April 2024 – August 2024
- A positive attitude and excitement for learning
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Science, Business or related field
- Class 5 license
- Comfortable wearing a respirator and working mainly outdoors
- Ability to repetitively lift a max of 20lbs at one time and work in sustained awkward postures
You might also have:
- Previous relevant summer experience is considered an asset, however all experience levels and academic disciplines are welcome to apply
Syngenta Intern Scholarship Program:
- All students hired into a Syngenta Internship role will have the opportunity to apply for 1 of 9 exclusive scholarships valued at $2000 each.
- This program is designed to recognize and reward a commitment to academic excellence, and foster continued growth and development of our team
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Syngenta Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates and is able to accommodate persons with disabilities. For more information about accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process or if you would like more information on our accommodation policies, please contact email@example.com
Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. Syngenta seeds improve the quality and yields of crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in them. Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water and fewer inputs.
Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions. Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz