This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Seeds Supply and Operations Team is currently seeking a Production Technician in Pekin, IL.
You will help shape the future of agriculture by:
- Producing a reliable supply of high-quality seed by executing production plant tasks assigned by Plant Management
- Organize, perform, and lead in assigned departments to ensure all required processes, procedures and production requirements are met
- Position will take on several roles based upon field production practices, plant processing requirements and distribution needs
- Manage field operations, seed receiving, and conditioning equipment operations to ensure that all seed is properly handled and conditioned so the highest quality seed will be packaged to meet sale demands
- Assisting our seed growers in planting of seed production fields
- Assist with field mapping and isolation documentation requirements
- Accurate and timely crop scouting and data collection of emergence and vegetative growth stages, and stand counts
- During the harvest season, work in receiving, drying, or shelling operations
- Work in seed conditioning, treating, or packaging during the winter months
- Perform product quality assessments with adherence to product specifications
- Provide direction and training for employees and third-party personnel as required
- Provide support in process order tracking, administrative procedures, maintenance orders and production information leveraging data systems (SAP, SMMS, WMS)
- Assist in keeping metrics and other information current on visual boards/data dashboards to drive teamwork and support data-driven decisions.
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery and equipment to ensure optimal performance, and report any malfunctions or repair needs promptly
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, OT, & shift work as needed
- Must be comfortable working outside in various weather conditions
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must be forklift certified or have the ability and willingness to obtain certification. (On-Site Training provided)
- Individual must be authorized to work in the United States for Syngenta without work authorization sponsorship now or in the future
- Preferred Requirements
- Experience working in agriculture
- Ability and willingness to obtain a seed treatment applicators license
- Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz