Process Engineering Specialist
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Syngenta is looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer to join their Process Technology Active Ingredient (PTAI) group. This exciting role provides opportunities to work in a multi-discipline team supporting our large scale fine chemical manufacturing plants within an upper tier COMAH site.
The main focus of this role will be on process optimisation, troubleshooting and capital improvement projects from initial feasibility studies right through to commissioning or leading a team.
Depending on experience there may be the opportunity for this Role to be a Team lead position - managing a team of chemists and engineers.
From there, the sky’s the limit!
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
- Demonstrable track record from a similar, chemical, pharma, design or production environment.
- Working knowledge of HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) standards, which may typically include Risk Assessment (HAZOP/HAZAN), SIL/SIS, LOPA, ATEX and DSEAR.
- Have experience of process engineering design principles.
- Have a high standard of analytical thinking to break down problems and analyse data;
- Be self-motivated and proactive; and be able to communicate clearly and well across different work levels and disciplines with the organisation.
- Works well in a team.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- 1st class/2-1 Master’s degree.
- Chartered Member or working towards - IChemE (for UK only).
- Confidence using relevant IT such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Up to 31.5 days holiday.
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees.
We embrace and encourage diversity, and this is what drives our innovation and lets us outperform the market. https://www.syngenta.com/careers/working-syngenta/diversity-and-inclusion
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz