GHX Seed Sales Specialist
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. We are currently seeking a GHX Specialist to become a member of the Syngenta Golden Harvest Seeds team. As a GHX Specialist, you will develop a deep understanding of customers’ operations to deliver new insights, drive the customer’s thinking in new and different ways, and provide agronomic expertise to address complex agricultural challenges.
Location: Northern Illinois
What will you be doing?
- Delivering a unique customer obsession experience through listening to farmers, exceeding their expectations, and aligning interests with the farmer’s interest
- Teaching farmers by challenging the status quo and by bringing expertise to build long-term trust
- Create demand at the customer level, ensuring that the customer is knowledgeable about our products and has further interest in Syngenta solutions
- Act as a steward of the Syngenta portfolio by making recommendations and by managing concerns in the field as needed, in partnership with Agronomy
- Recommend product placement to achieve higher customer satisfaction
- Achieve sales, profit, and market share targets within your territory and district
- Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights
- Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within district guidelines.
- Develop your assigned territory through the addition of new farmers
What gives you an advantage?
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, or a degree in a non-Agriculture discipline, or commensurate work experience
- Experience in a customer focus role with demonstrated sales and negotiation skills
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
What's in it for you?
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Open Vacation Policy with a minimum of 15 days of vacation and up to 30 days with manager approval, 9 Paid Holidays
- Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Work Level: 2A-3A
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in our seed. Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water, and fewer inputs. Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions. Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz