Farm Management intern
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
As an intern at Syngenta, you have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, and work on real projects finding real solutions. Work with us and you’ll get:
- Ongoing career development resources
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects
- Meaningful projects that solve problems
- Competitive wages( Salary Range of $18 - 30 per hour)
Duration: May 2024-August/September 2024
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn and adhere to Syngenta safety and stewardship policies
- Participate in daily tier meetings, HSE meetings, and other team meetings as needed
- Perform fieldwork including tillage, spraying, crop scouting, planting, and general maintenance in and around corn and soybean nurseries.
- Operate agricultural equipment to maintain and improve nursery farm operations
- Research and report recommendations on soil moisture monitoring vendors and systems.
- Install and deploy soil moisture probes, monitor probes, and track rain fall and irrigation usage. Probes will be installed under multiple crop types and at different growth stages. Project will take place during the internship period.
- Utilize soil moisture data to make informed irrigation decisions.
- Research, implement, and test automation of irrigation system using soil moisture data. Work with vendor to implement set points to trigger automated irrigation system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, Agricultural Business, or another closely related field of study
- Must be a current student continuing education in August 2024 upon completion of internship term
- Must express interest in the seed production industry and willingness to learn
- Must hold valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- Critical technical, professional, and personal capabilities
- Communication – excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Detail/Accuracy oriented – All procedures must be understood and followed
- An independent individual who is self-motivating and needs little supervision
- Excellent history of safe operation of general farm equipment
- Ability to use professional concepts and company policies & procedures
- Critical leadership capabilities
- Innovative – to always look to implement new procedures or technologies to improve work efficiencies
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Communicates inspirationally
- Manages performance to high standards
- Develops self and others
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)(http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)(http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz