Developmental Sales Representative
About the role
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. As a Seeds Developmental Sales Representative (DSR) at Syngenta, you will be a valued member of a high performing Sales Team and participate in a curriculum-based, integrated learning opportunity preparing you to be a successful territory sales leader in the agriculture industry. You’ll receive competitive wages and ongoing career development resources.
Location: Flexible locations within the United States (Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota)
What will you do?
- Complete a well-defined, customized training and development plan with direction and assistance from your manager and experienced colleagues
- Develop effective product and technical expertise including product placement, scouting, agronomic principles, building strong farmer relationships, understanding of the sales process and gaining product commitment.
- Gain experience and build leadership capabilities, consultative selling competence, communication and presentation skills, business acumen, and territory management while creating a professional network to further your career
- Implement strategy to achieve sales objectives in assigned territory
- Identify and analyze customer needs, market intelligence, and territory opportunities to share with sales management and marketing
- Develop effective ways of working to strengthen teamwork within the sales team
- Manage, support, and build the customer base in a defined geography
- Advise channel partners on presentation of products and promotional materials
- Manage within territory budget guidance, accurately report expenses and sales, operate and maintain company vehicle in compliance with policy, track customer interactions, and submit weekly activity reports.
- BA/BS degree August 2023 – May 2024, preferably in Agricultural Science or related field
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable moving violations record
What gives you an advantage?
- Experience with former agricultural internships
- First-hand knowledge of farming is a definite asset
- Knowledge of agronomics, general cropping practices, agricultural technology and trends and requirements for pest control
- Demonstrated professional and personal capabilities including
- Strong customer focus
- Business acumen and results-driven
- Resilience and interpersonal savvy
- Ability to lead, be self-directed and to work as part of a team
- Integrity and trust
- Effective writing, presentation, and negotiation skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages with performance-based bonus potential
- Company vehicle
- Professional and personal development
- An understanding of career opportunities available at Syngenta that relate to your passion
- Skills, experience, and a professional network to further your career
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) poster - Link (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm).
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz