Crop Protection Development Assistant Intern
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The Research and Development team is currently seeking Crop Protection Development Assistant in Plattsville, Ontario. As a Crop Protection Development Assistant, you will work alongside our research team to conduct a small-plot research program with focus on crops such as corn, soybean, potato, cereals, edible beans etc. in Eastern Canada.
What you will gain from this position:
- Hands on experience to understand the agronomic knowledge of staging, pest identification (weed, insect, and disease) and management in key crops.
- Knowledge of safe operation of small research equipment, and use of pesticides for pest control.
- Understanding of data requirements and trial methodology that goes into Product Development.
- Leadership, Safety Mindset, Teamwork, and Time Management skills.
- Following company safety guideline and culture.
- Operation of small agricultural farm equipment, such as tractors and planters.
- Initiating trials and field testing of experimental products under development.
- Data collection and adherence to written protocols.
- Monitoring and managing site maintenance and activities.
Duration: April 2024 – August 2024
- A positive attitude and excitement for learning
- Currently pursuing Post Secondary education, preference given to those in the field of Agriculture
- Class G license minimum
- Comfortable wearing a respirator and working mainly outdoors
- Ability to repetitively lift 20lbs at one time and work in sustained awkward postures
You might also have:
- Previous relevant summer experience is considered an asset, however all experience levels and academic disciplines are welcome to apply
- Farm and post-secondary school experience considered an asset
Syngenta Intern Scholarship Program:
- All students hired into a Syngenta Internship role will have the opportunity to apply for 1 of 9 exclusive scholarships valued at $2000 each.
- This program is designed to recognize and reward a commitment to academic excellence, and foster continued growth and development of our team
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Syngenta Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates and is able to accommodate persons with disabilities. For more information about accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process or if you would like more information on our accommodation policies, please contact email@example.com
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz