Conversion Enablement Technician
The Conversion Enablement Technician is a crucial team member in the trait introgression process within the Trait Conversion Accelerator (TCA). This individual is tasked with carrying out essential operations such as pollinations, transplanting, sampling, and embryo rescue (ER). Additionally, the technician plays a significant role in collecting data for key performance indicator (KPI) tracking, which is vital for measuring the success and efficiency of the introgression process. Communicate and work to resolve issues within broader operational team. Promotes and contributes to a safety culture.
- Assist in leading a team of third-party technicians to top performance in all aspects of greenhouse and laboratory operations.
- Engage in aiding the development and training of third-party labour as needed.
- Collect, enter, and track key data on process metrics and KPIs, e.g., pollination date ands notes.
- Regular and timely ad hoc communication of any issues to the conversion enablement team.
- Ensure best practice documentation and ensure timely process compliance with established protocols; contribute to process metrics and KPIs.
- Maintain seamless track and trace to minimize operational errors and implementation of Agile methodology.
- Perform all tasks in a manner compliant with and in support of all safety and stewardship related company policies and practices, including completing all required training courses; ensure third party personnel do the same.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with peers and supervisors regarding operations and status of projects, work activities, and supply input needs.
- Contribute to tracking cycle success rates, reasons for failure and make any necessary process improvements to ensure consistent > 95% cycle success rate in all generations.
- Support other Corn TI operational activities and tasks as needed.
• Must have basic knowledge of manual pollinations, tissue sampling, corn harvest and or general greenhouse experience. Experience in the seed industry, tissue culture laboratory related tasks and trait introgression is a plus.
• Ability to use MS Office, with a strong focus on Excel, and other standard software
• Good communication skills
• Results oriented and driven to deliver high quality trait conversions to the business
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly organized and able to manage complex processes requiring multiple functions
• Adherence to all company, state and governmental stewardship and regulatory requirements to maintain our freedom to operate
• Ability and motivation to learn, experiment with and deploy new technologies
• Relentless focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence
• Ability to positively motivate and develop a diverse, high-performing team of contract staff
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
Minimum HS Diploma + experience AS or BS degree in Plant Sciences or Biology preferred.
Basic knowledge of Plant Genetics, Plant Biology
Basic Spanish language competency preferred.
Minimum 1 year experience in laboratory, plant sciences and/or greenhouse operations
Experience with Trait Introgression is preferred.
Ability to lead and motivate others to high performance.
Good computer skills and proficiency with MS Office and corporate software
Ability to effectively organize, coordinate and assign workload of multiple tasks.
Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to interact with full-time personnel and 3rd party labour to meet project deadlines
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
• Minimal regional travel
• Operates in a team setting, successfully functioning as a member of larger Nampa site and NA Corn TI teams
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Open Vacation Policy with a minimum of 15 days of vacation and up to 30 days with manager approval, 9 Paid Holidays
- Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 30,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking a Conversion Enablement Technician for the Product Selection and Trait Introgression team in Nampa, Idaho.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz