Vegetable Seeds Field Production Research Intern
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Production team is currently seeking a Field Production Research Intern in Pasco, WA.
As an intern at Syngenta, you have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, and work on real projects finding real solutions. Work with us and you’ll get:
- Competitive wages (Hourly salary rate of $18 - $30 per hour)
- Ongoing career development resources
- The opportunity to work on meaningful, innovative projects that solve problems
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and offers flexible work options to meet both your work and personal needs
Estimated Duration: May 2024-August 2024
- Coordinate the design, set-up, and planting of Field Production Research (FPR) trials at all required locations domestically
- Perform seed lab work including trial setup, field mapping, planting preparation, seed cleaning, and labeling
- Perform fieldwork including planting, staking, pollination, data acquisition and seed harvest
- Process seed from field studies
- Assist in managing seed inventories in order to conduct required experiments.
- Manage data from experiments which includes acquisition, analysis support
- Assist with lab seed treatment applications and related field trial plantings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Plant Biology, Agricultural Business or another closely related agricultural field of study
- A valid Driver's License
- Proficiency in English
What you might also contribute to the team:
- Communication-The ability to communicate information well (both written and spoken) is highly desired
- Detail/Accuracy Oriented-All procedures and policies must be understood and followed
- Autonomous-An independent individual who is self-motivating and needs little supervision
- Previous internship and/or co-op experience related to Agriculture is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of plant physiology
- Knowledge of seed biology
- Knowledge of field research techniques and technology
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)(http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)(http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)
Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. Syngenta seeds improve the quality and yields of crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in them. Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water and fewer inputs. Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions. Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz