Health Safety & Environment Intern
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Parent Seed Production team is currently seeking a Health, Safety, & Environment Intern in Malta, IL.
As an intern at Syngenta, you have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, and work on real projects finding real solutions. Work with us and you’ll get:
- Competitive wages ($18 - $30 per hour)
- Ongoing career development resources
- The opportunity to work on meaningful, innovative projects that solve problems
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and offers flexible work options to meet both your work and personal needs
Estimated Duration: May 2024-August 2024
- Foster a HSE culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE and other corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Work with HSE Lead and the site team on tasks such as reviewing and updating HSE documentation (i.e. job safety analysis, energy control procedures, etc.)
- Actively support an image that reflects the highest regard for health, safety, and environmental stewardship
- Support the behavior-based safety program by working with individuals on observations and analyzing observation data.
- Assist with HSE program audits
- Assist with HSE safety inspections
- Administer HSE training
- Perform other duties as required to meet plant needs
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Enrollment in a bachelor’s or advanced degree in Industrial Technology, Occupational Safety or another closely related field of study
- Must be a current student continuing education upon completion of internship term (Internship term is May 2024 through August 2024)
- A passion for Occupational Safety
- Some interest in the agricultural industry
- Fluent in English
- Prefer a student with a Sophomore or Junior standing and a 3.0 or above GPA
- Communication- The ability to communicate information well (both written and spoken) is highly desired in this position
- Collaboration- The ability to work with individuals who come from diverse backgrounds
- Innovative- To always look to implement new procedures or technologies to improve work efficiencies
- Detail/Accuracy Oriented- All procedures and policies must be understood and followed
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)(http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)(http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz