Field Research Associate (Remote in Central MI)
Please note: this position is remote, based in Lansing, MI area.
This role will provide the highest quality field trial data through timely and accurate note collection and sound trial execution in corn and soybean trials. This includes supporting local trialing efforts to create superior products as well as assisting the Trialing Manager’s targeted goals by continuously innovating and driving optimal field trial management.
- Function as an integral member of a team from a remote location responsible for the full range of seasonal activities related to conducting yield trials including but not limited to planning, actively communicating, packaging, planting, note taking and harvest.
- Evaluate and secure quality yield trial land in the desired testing area
- An expert source of information on yield trialing processes/protocols
- Complete work with a very limited degree of supervision the ability to work autonomously
- Solve complex and varied problems with a very limited degree of supervision
- Supervise third-party contract labor to assist with planting, phenotyping, harvest
- Lead projects with impact both on and across station/sites and provide formal and/or informal guidance, training, and support to other team members.
- Provide input to development of new process protocols / standards
- Effectively communicate regularly with trialing manager regarding the status of projects and work activities.
- Operate tractors for planting research plots.
- Operate research combines for data collection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an agriculture-related discipline preferred. Substantial relevant experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 2 years of experience post academia
- Experience with precision agriculture equipment and software systems.
- Knowledge of multiple crops that are tested in trialing (corn and soy).
- Clear understanding of the practices and procedures that impact trial data precision and accuracy.
- Understanding and demonstrated use of modern agronomic practices.
- Proficiently communicate and work well as part of a team.
- CDL Class A with Airbrakes or ability to acquire.
- Pesticide Applicators License Holder or ability to acquire.
- Ability to get a DOT medical card
- Drone experience, and/or ability to acquire a drone license.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with area cooperators.
- Ability to use MS Office, Smartsheet and other standard office software.
- Ability to use and support proprietary IT systems for data collection/analysis, tracking agronomic practices, and metric and KPI tracking.
- Understanding of plant genetics and breeding.
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 30,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz