Product Biology Lead - Herbicides
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking a Product Biology Lead for the Weed Control team in Greensboro, NC.
As a Product Biology Lead, you will manage North American (US and Canada) Product Biology early-stage Weed Control research programs with a strategic approach to pipeline development. You will set priorities and drive efforts needed to describe the biological attributes of active ingredients and resistance management for long-term product sustainability. You will partner with global Product Biology, regional Product Marketing, regional Product Safety, and other key partners to ensure development priorities are delivered in time to influence active ingredient promotion decisions. You will collaborate with regional Product Marketing to ensure projects have a robust regional commercial fit with continuous competitive benchmarking. You will lead projects representing Product Biology in regional multi-function development teams to advise on and implement testing programs considering regional strategies. You will generate and implement innovative ideas to enable rapid, efficient, and value-added incorporation into Syngenta integrated solutions and initiatives.
Hybrid Work Environment - 3 to 4 days per week in the office
Travel – up to 20%
- Build and deliver active ingredients profiles that are well-scoped, with clearly understood technical attributes, and resistance management strategies for active ingredient handoff to regional Product Marketing.
- Manage the development of research protocols designed to identify biological targets, use rates, appropriate formulations, phytotoxicity, and solutions/sustainability fit.
- Monitor and ensure competitive benchmarking occurs throughout product development.
- Participate in appropriate Professional Societies and/or within University Organizations to represent Syngenta as a leader in product development and sustainability.
- Manage assigned research and travel budgets.
- PhD in Plant Protection disciplines (e.g. Weed Science, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Plant Medicine) with 2-5 years of field research experience
- OR MS in Plant Protection disciplines with 5-10 years of field research experience
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of key agronomic factors influencing production of corn, cereal, or soybean crops
- Working understanding/competence of processes and systems required for data capture, analysis and presentation
- Proven record of using own expertise and ideas to propose creative research ideas and approaches
- Demonstrates high competencies in data analysis & interpretation
- Experience with stakeholder and project management
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz