Portfolio Manager Biologicals AMEA
- Portfolio: Implement best practices for Biologicals portfolio management in AMEA. Maximize the value of regional Biologicals portfolio across territories and crops; ensure successful launch of new technologies and focus the AMEA region on value-maximizing lifecycle management. Work across Asset and Crops in an aligned way to drive this capability and result at CU level.
- Commercial: Develop brands, offers and campaigns to increase grower’s demand (pull) and develop channel segmentation, offers/promotions, campaigns to increase customer loyalty (push). Develop processes for building strong Biologicals offers, ensuring successful product launches with strong brand plans, value pricing and translation of those into strong campaign plans at CU level.
- Strategy: Drive sustainable, profitable market share growth of the Biologicals portfolio for AMEA, through strategic product life-cycle management, dedicated Go-to-market development and excellence in new products introduction (NPI) and synergy with SC
Biologicals portfolio responsibilities:
- Lead multi-functional Teams (PLTs) which co-create and co-own designated Regional Product lines (PL) plans, ensuring the right connection with countries’ PLTs (working together with the countries, capturing the regional dynamics, while aligning to global strategies)
- Support the launch of new products across territories (NPI), federate business cases, align brand strategies and product positioning.
- Maximize market-share and profitability of products
- Ensure seamless connection with and between field development and regulatory
- Lead annual Country/Regional Portfolio Review process for designated PL (BioC and BioS);
- Agree portfolio plans with countries and Global Product Management
- Track projects and assess business impact against the committed 5-year Business Plan
- Lead Biologicals products related stewardship activities including issues management.
- Co-lead successful NPIs by working with Global and country teams, addressing critical NPI steps through PLTs. Support process, drive teamwork, planning and adherence to brand guidelines, monitoring results, documenting and sharing learnings. Special focus on New Formulations and new market development.
- Evaluate portfolio performance and gaps and provide guidance to countries to align local LEX/FEX.
- Assist the AMEA+India Bio&SC Portfolio Lead to design a coherent 3-5 yr business plan in alignment with global Biologicals, according to crops/geographies matrix prioritization.
Biologicals Business Development:
- Propose to the AMEA+India Bio&SC PL new opportunities as quick/medium term wins for Biologicals AMEA
- Support the AMEA+India Bio&SC PL in developing processes, criteria and approach for the evaluation of business opportunities and drive the assessment for selected (global or regional ) projects
- Work closely with the Country/Regional/Global PM functions to identify licensing opportunities, targets for R&D and commercial collaborations and/or M&A
- Build regional biological portfolio via scouting and communication into/out-of existing global biologicals evaluation platform (BORT) in according with the strategies outlined by the AMEA+India Bio&SC PL
- Leads identified growth projects in AMEA, in collaboration with the CU sales and marketing teams
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Understanding of biological technology and markets; agronomical background would be preferable
- Knowledge of agribusiness markets, crop protection industry and customer/growers needs
- 10+ years of business and marketing management in Crop Protection markets, high experience with Biologicals and fertilizers
- Ability to understand and assimilate different markets and cultures
- Commercial, portfolio management responsibilities
- Project management & business development
- Knowledge of cross function process management in R&D, Supply Chain and Marketing
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Project management
- Customer / grower orientation
- Key stakeholder management and influencing across functional and regional boundaries
- Communication and presentation skills
Critical leadership capabilities
- Clear priority and direction setting
- Ability to balance the long term big picture with short term business delivery
- Maximizing performance of cross functional teams
- Influencing stakeholders across functional and geographic boundaries
Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading sustainable agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Our 53,000 people across more than 100 countries strive every day to transform agriculture through tailor-made solutions for the benefit of farmers, society and our planet – making us the world’s most local agricultural technology and innovation partner.
Syngenta Group is committed to operating at the highest standards of ethics and integrity. This is a commitment that we are making to investors, customers, society and employees. Syngenta Group is also committed to maintaining a workplace environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz