This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
This role will be responsible for managing repairs, installation, and maintenance of all site equipment. They will maintain the site to keep equipment in an operational status to reduce and eliminate unplanned downtime. The focus will be on executing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program with packaging and treating equipment, detasseling equipment, harvest equipment, and overall site appearance. They will also be a key stakeholder in the site’s “Goal Zero” safety initiative.
- Develop proper preventative maintenance schedule of company equipment including electrical, mechanical, control devices, instrumentation for assigned site
- Coordinate equipment downtime to perform necessary repairs and maintenance
- Strict adherence to all HSE protocols at the site
- Assign and oversee equipment inspections as required during on/off peak seasons
- Implement and maintain asset tracking system i.e. Asset Essentials
- Lead site maintenance team, electrician and third-party personnel
- Knowledge of scheduling jobs/work to ensure prioritization and work completion
- Escalate equipment issues in a timely manner and inform
- Establish and maintain relations with frequent on-site contractors, such as HVAC, electrical, and plumbing contractors
- Maintain DOT compliance for company shop trucks and trailers
- Conduct outside contactor orientation when contractor work is required
- Issue site specific permits when maintenance work is required in key areas (hot work, work from heights
- Establish program to maintain site grounds (snow removal, lawn care, irrigation) in conjunction with site leadership team
- Effectively communicate planned and unplanned downtime with site equipment, providing updates as needed to staff and contractors
- Work with local site personnel, including maintenance and regional engineering to ensure optimal operations of machinery and automation equipment by completing preventive and corrective maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Keep accurate records of work performed using maintenance work order software
- Help develop a standardized approach for adjustments and calibration of equipment and machinery to optimal specifications and operation.
- Represent Syngenta’s needs and interests externally with contractors
- Develop a comprehensive reporting system to ensure PM data is collected and utilized to drive understanding of useful life of equipment
- 5+ years in maintenance
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication
- Active driver’s license in good standing
- Strong computer skills and ability to work in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Experience with industrial production equipment (Premier Tech bagging system, Premier Tech palletizing system, Columbia Okura palletizing system)
- Experience with SCADA and PLC systems
- Ability to obtain public water license
- Ability to maintain calibration records on key equipment (i.e. multi-gas meters)
- Bilingual highly preferred
- Experience with maintenance work order software (CMMS, Bigfoot, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge or experience in the agricultural field, specially seeds
- Ability to work during the days and occasional evenings/weekends during peak season.
- Must be able to travel by car/pickup.
- Ability to work in the plant and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, copier and computer.
- Wear appropriate PPE as required for operations in plant or the field.
- 30% of work performed in standard office.
- 70% of work performed in plant, field.
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- Hourly Salary range $30 - $36 per hour + overtime
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Open Vacation Policy with a minimum of 15 days of vacation and up to 30 days with manager approval, 9 Paid Holidays
- Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)(http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)(http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz