IT & Digital Head LAN
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Location: Ciudad de México, México
You will be part of the IT team and will support Crop Protection Business. Through the values Passion for Customers, How Matters and Long View you will live and experience more of this position.
Here is how this role will be critical to our business:
- The Head of IT role will provide senior-most leadership and direction for all aspects of IT requirements. As a trusted member of the LAN leadership team (TLT), this leader will ensure the right mix of IT solutions to optimize cost and productivity while enabling business growth in the CP business across all functional areas.
- Working closely with the LAN leadership team establish and maintain a companion 5 year IT plan and budget which enables the LAN CP business strategy.
- Establish a LAN IT leadership team and management system which focuses on delivering the CP business strategy and creating an agile and engaged IT delivery capability.
- Ensure effective processes and platforms - with no business disruption
- Establish robust IT delivery capabilities for all business functional areas including Commercial, , Production and Supply, Finance and other corporate functions as necessary.
- Where required work closely with Corporate IT to enable scale and support for shared IT platforms and business capabilities. Ensure optimal utilization of center-based and local IT resources.
- Establish and lead an IT cultural change program which promotes focus on our customers, agility, simplicity in methods, strong business engagement and business outcome oriented thinking in IT.
- Establish and lead annual or periodic processes for project portfolio, IT budgeting, business architecture, technology identification, technology sourcing, people and skills development and other IT support activities.
At Syngenta we are focused on talent - we look for committed, collaborative professionals with excellence in execution. Our leaders expect them to identify themselves, develop teams and set an example. Our industry and functions are changing rapidly, therefore we are looking for new members with a strong desire for self-development.
It is indispensable for this position:
- University degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science. MBA, or other relevant educational experience.
- Additionally this leader needs to know how an Ag business works, what is happening in our industry and major IT trends.
- Ability to build and develop teams and next generation leaders
- Good interpersonal skills, result oriented and determined.
- Advanced English (mandatory)
Be part of the Syngenta Experience
• Competitive salary and attractive benefits
• Dynamic and international environment
• Modern office environment and collaboration tools
• Forward thinking policies (e.g. remote working, career breaks)
• Support personal development in a diverse and inclusive environment
Beyond just believing in the power of diversity, Syngenta promotes an inclusive culture that includes differences in all its forms. We believe that the feeling of belonging allows people to become their best version, building an increasingly welcoming and productive environment.
All qualified candidates will be considered for our positions, without distinction of race, gender, age, nationality or disability.
Be part of a leading company that brings the potential of plants to life
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz