Field Research Associate
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The purpose of the Research Associate 2 is to support the Trialing Manager in executing research level yield trials on time, with high precision and accuracy in a safe, compliant manner in order to generate the highest quality data to allow identification of superior performing products in corn, soybean and wheat
- Function as an integral member of a team responsible for planting, plot maintenance, spraying, note taking (phenotyping) and harvesting research level yield trial plots.
- Operation and maintenance of agricultural machinery, and or agricultural research equipment to include: precision planters, drones, automated phenotyping equipment and research combines
- Perform all tasks and behaving in a manner compliant with and in support of all safety and stewardship related company policies and practices, including completing all required company training courses.
- Provide informal guidance and support on tasks completed by third-party contract labor in order to achieve the Trialing managers desired results, e.g., assisting the team with field layout, planting, phenotyping, harvest.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with peers and supervisors regarding the status of projects, status of work related activities, quality and timeliness of data collected
- Bachelor’s Degree in an agricultural related discipline preferred. A.S. degree and/or equivalent related experience considered. Candidates with relevant operational training or experience outside of agriculture will also be considered
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s history is required
- Ability to acquire and maintain a federal medical card to operate commercial motor vehicles is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a class B CDL with a Medical Card is required.
- Pesticide Applicators License Holder or ability to acquire.
- Good communication skills both Verbal and Written required
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Model Syngenta’s commitment to safety, sustainability and product stewardship.
- Ability to use MS Office, especially Word and Excel, and other standard software.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies.
- Must be able to work with a moderate level of supervision while traveling to off-site locations to prepare, plant and accurately collect and manage data obtained from trials.
- Plant, spray, maintain and harvest research level corn, soybean and wheat trials to meet data quality standard and operational deadlines.
- Ability to complete assigned objectives and tasks.
- Must be detail oriented, with an attention to accuracy.
- Capable of working in high or low temperature conditions in field or greenhouse. Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds. Capable of working long hours during time-critical periods of the growing season.
- Field, greenhouse, laboratory, office. Domestic and international travel required with occasional overnight stays. Stays at off-season production/nursery locations may extend to two to three weeks. Potential allergenspollen, fungal spores, chemical pesticides in the field or greenhouse.
- Ability to identify issues and patterns from partial conflicting data or information.
- A basic understanding of agriculture and agronomy practices is desirable.
- Experience in operating and maintaining agricultural machinery, and or agricultural research equipment.
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Work Level: 2A
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Seeds Development Team is currently seeking a Field Research Associate, to be located in Phillips, Nebraska
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz