Chemical Research Internship
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
At our research center in Stein (Switzerland), we offer several 5-to-7-month internships in chemistry for highly motivated students. During your internship you will have the opportunity to support research projects in areas, such as:
- Crop Protection Research and Process Research
- Scientific Computing and Computational Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
Tasks may vary depending on the team you would be working with and are not limited to those listed above.
- We are looking for enthusiastic students with a strong academic record and good communication skills who are currently enrolled in a bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program in chemistry.
- As well as English, you should ideally speak at least one other language fluently
- Previous experience in working in a synthetic organic chemistry laboratory is greatly valued
What we offer:
- Scientific and technical excellence
- Contribution to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- A superb working environment at our Global Research Center in Stein
- Well-equipped laboratories and experienced colleagues
Interested? We are looking for your application!
The recruitment period begins in the fall/winter 2022 for placement the following year and includes interviews. Please submit an online application in English, with your CV and motivation letter with your availability, as well as your university diplomas and transcripts.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases
as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
Articles you might be interested in
Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of Syngenta Group’s approach to global agriculture. Driven by that spirit, the company recently convened “Innovating Together” in Tel Aviv, a three-day co
The My Garden project started by our Syngenta Group Ambassador comes to its grand finale, with a group of friends enjoying Aleksander’s fresh produce. Over the past few months our Syngenta Group Amba
By Syngenta Group News Service May 2022 Syngenta Group CEO Erik Fyrwald calls for wider science-based dialogue on transforming agriculture. In a recent interview with Switzerland’s NZZ am Sonntag, our
Licensing agreement with HL Hutchinsons (HLH) signed to supply farmers with precision soil analysis service Interra® Scan offers one of the world’s highest resolution soil mapping services to optimiz